Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More about Beds

4 posters

Go down

More about Beds Empty More about Beds

Post  chuck Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Since cool brought up RV beds.. I was thinking... Most travel trailers I have looked at have a mattress on the bed.. but no box springs (or foundation). Do they put box springs in the bigger units ..like fifth wheels and class As? I would think that the lack of box springs probably accounts for the somewhat "firmer" sleep surface. There's absolutely no bounce.. no give to the bed.

I am also guessing that leaving out box springs in RVs is a $$ issue.. and a weight issue.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

More about Beds Empty Re: More about Beds

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

chuck wrote:Since cool brought up RV beds.. I was thinking... Most travel trailers I have looked at have a mattress on the bed.. but no box springs (or foundation). Do they put box springs in the bigger units ..like fifth wheels and class As? I would think that the lack of box springs probably accounts for the somewhat "firmer" sleep surface. There's absolutely no bounce.. no give to the bed.

I am also guessing that leaving out box springs in RVs is a $$ issue.. and a weight issue.
Most of the beds I have seen in RV's is just a box frame that is built for the rv. Most of them give you under the bed storage. I would agree that $$ and the weight is an issue.

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 pm

My buddy Tony, who reads but doesn't post, got tired of his class A not sleeping comfortable, so he got a "sleep number" bed for it. Says it's just as comfy as the one at home now.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Richard wrote:My buddy Tony, who reads but doesn't post, got tired of his class A not sleeping comfortable, so he got a "sleep number" bed for it. Says it's just as comfy as the one at home now.
Well if you've got the money, go for it cheers cheers cheers

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 pm

In my Bird i have a mattress with a plywood base. Meaning no box spring type of foundation. I know that if you say buy pretty much anything that is made for a camper that there is no type of box spring foundation. Im not sure if its any different in a Class A. From the Class A's ive been in it seems that some of the 5th wheels have more room when you compare foot to foot.
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Would have to agree with you Craig.

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member