Harrison Bay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harrison Bay

Post  Darcamper on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:00 pm

If someone that has camped here (fisherpal), let me know which area is the best loop to camp in. A lake site looks great but is it shady. We are looking to camp near Chattanooga around June and hit Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls and do a lot of fishing. I plan to have this reserved in time to make plans that are needed. Any thoughts?

I have drove by this area (Chattanooga going to Huntsville Ala) so many times and never stopped to enjoy the sites.

Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HBSP camping

Post  fisherpal2k on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Like most of the state parks, Harrison Bay doesn't take resv. They are supposed to have that fixed sometime this year tho.
Loop A is a nice loop. It is close to the playground and the pool. They have an olympic size pool there. Tennis courts and lots of trails and stuff. Loop C is the next favorite loop. It also has water sites and has lots of shade.
Loop B is open year round and has the newest bath house, and best for hot water. I think it has larger hot water heaters than the others. It has a fishing pier down below it also.
If you are into taking a small hike, there is an island that has a trail around it. If you have small kids just be sure to be careful in a couple of places as the banks are washed out and it is steep over them.

If you stay at HBSP it wil be day trips to all the other sites in the area. Look Out Mtn. is close, The Aquarium and Ruby Falls is close too. If you want to cut down on the driving, I would reccomend Raccon Mtn Campground. But last year they drained the lake for repairs to it and the fishing has suffered really bad.

Will try to get more info from around the area and post later.
fisherpal2k
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrison Bay

Post  Darcamper on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:17 pm

I did some research on Raccoon Mountain and we probably not stay there. We will need to make reservation in order to make this trip happen. Since we want to see the sites and rest at the same time. My kids will be 17 and 21 this year. But we love to camp... So if one of them falls it because the other one pushed...LOL

Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrison Bay

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top