Christmas Shoe Boxes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas Shoe Boxes

Post  Richard on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 am

A couple of years ago, Caroline (My oldest that thinks too deeply about many things) asked me a question. "So Daddy, you say that Santa goes all over the world in just one night and takes presents to all the good little children, right?"

I replied, "Yes, Caroline, he uses magic to slow down time so he can get it all done..."

Caroline interrupted, "I know all that Daddy. What I want to know now is: If Santa takes presents to all those kids, how come we have to pack shoeboxes full of things to send to poor children around the world so they can have Christmas presents."

It must have been divine inspiration for what I answered, because I was stuck. I started talking... "Well, Caroline, if you remember we talked about how Christmas is really all about giving each other presents to remember the wonderful gift God gave us by sending Jesus. Those boxes aren't so they will get presents, they are so those kids will have presents to give to their brothers and sisters and friends."

Caroline quipped, "Then, Daddy... We should make extra boxes of things to send."

"Yes, Caroline, that is a great idea. Let's make extras." Whew! That was a close one.
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Shoe Boxes

Post  abivens on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 pm

My 3 year old looks forward to going shopping because she wants to put the money into the salvation army bucket. I know she probebly just enjoys the dropping of the money, but Diane and I explain to her that she is giving money to those less fortunate. We want her to do something every Christmas for someone else and hopefully the habit will stick.
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top