Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First mods of the winter

2 posters

Go down

First mods of the winter Empty First mods of the winter

Post  Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:19 pm

First, adapted a socket to the electric screwdriver to make cranking the stabilizer jacks a more pleasant experience.

First mods of the winter Dc39mx

Second, replaced the manual jack with a new Atwood 3500lb electric model.  Very Happy 

First mods of the winter 29zssw3

Back to top Go down

First mods of the winter Empty Re: First mods of the winter

Post  chuck Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 am

I did the socket (on power drill) for stabalizer cranking, a few years ago.. I love it! instead of 20-30 cranks, times four stabalizers.. (up and down)... it's a 3 to 5 second zip with the drill, for each one.

Tell me more about your atwood electric jack. How hard to install? How much did it cost, stc?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:39 pm

I paid $203 for the jack, including free shipping, from Amazon.com. The little window where the work light goes had popped out of its fitting and I thought it was broken but it just snapped back into place. The shaft on the jack had a few very minor scratches on it. I'm sure due to the sub-par packing. It came in a box that had very little packing paper. In my opinion it should have been wrapped in bubble wrap or something like that. The jack weighs 20 some pounds and from the looks of the box, it was thrown around a little bit by UPS. All in all, I'm happy with the jack, the product packing needs improvement. It works as it's supposed to though. It was very easy to install. Unbolt 3 bolts from the old jack, take the "foot" off, and the new one bolted right up to the same holes. Hook up the hot wire to the battery and your good to go, maybe 20 minutes start to finish.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:23 am

I need one of those electric winch setups. Nice.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down